Thread: Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called
    Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to
    someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills
    for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is
    plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
    vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
    remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy
    and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to
    them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the
    day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes
    are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group,
    flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally
    meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy
    kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you
    look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life
    but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge
    together....

Author unknown...

This really touched my heart, recently my cat has disappeared I have looked everywhere. I thought she would have come home by now, but I am led to believe she is gone. Its nice to think that she is now in a place of comfort, light, and endless amounts of love. One day we may meet again.

That's quite unfortunate that your cat was lost, how long has she been missing? You'll never know, she might come back again, since I hear of pets that were reunited to their owners after a long time, some even after many years. The pet just comes back to them. So don't lose hope.Anyway, regarding the poem, it is quite a touching one. I always feel sad when I read it, because I remember my pets who have died.

This actually made me want to cry. I lost a pet about a year ago. He was a "golden labrador retriever". He was hit by a speeding vehicle. It was very hard to accept because he was just by the side of the road and not in the middle of it. The hardest thing was how he struggled to approach me when he saw me. He was wagging his tail. It was as if he was so happy to see me even if he was already in great pain. Moments later, he vomited blood and died. It was a very painful thing to watch, but I am happy that he's very happy running around the Rainbow Bridge where no speeding maniac can run him over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Potatoes View Post
    This actually made me want to cry. I lost a pet about a year ago. He was a "golden labrador retriever". He was hit by a speeding vehicle. It was very hard to accept because he was just by the side of the road and not in the middle of it. The hardest thing was how he struggled to approach me when he saw me. He was wagging his tail. It was as if he was so happy to see me even if he was already in great pain. Moments later, he vomited blood and died. It was a very painful thing to watch, but I am happy that he's very happy running around the Rainbow Bridge where no speeding maniac can run him over.
    I actually felt sad reading your story, especially the part where he tried to come to you complete with wagging tail even if he was already in great pain. Did the driver even stop to see if the dog was ok? Or you think that the driver wasn't aware that he had hit a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by simply me View Post
    I actually felt sad reading your story, especially the part where he tried to come to you complete with wagging tail even if he was already in great pain. Did the driver even stop to see if the dog was ok? Or you think that the driver wasn't aware that he had hit a dog?
    It was actually the most painful part. It was worse than watching my dog die and not being able to do anything. I'm forever haunted by that moment actually. I remember him tripping and falling down and getting up again. He was walking in a zigzag manner, as if he couldn't balance himself. I am thankful that he only had internal wounds, so that my last memory of him is the thought of how much he loved me. It made me feel like seeing me made him stronger despite the pain.

I don't think he was aware he ran over my dog. He was driving like a maniac. He was speeding and he was already at the side of the road. He never stopped to see what had happened which was very unusual since, my dog cried so loudly that almost all our neighbors went out to see what had happened.

Just imagining what you were narrating was quite heartbreaking. It's really heartbreaking for us animal lovers to see our pets die right in front of our eyes right? I think that next time, you should just put your dog on a leash and tie him somewhere rather than letting him roam, to avoid a similar incident from happening again. If that person wasn't driving too fast you could have gotten the driver's plate number and reported him.